Friday, November 02, 2007

Trick or Treat - Or a Halloween Tour of the Grandparents

Good to see that Lyle has *finally* posted something to the blog!

As Lyle mentioned Keegan was a Lion at daycare and then Tigger for the night. He didn't wear the Tigger costume to daycare because it's a bear (or should I say tiger?) to get off and on; whoever designed this costume was a dodo bird.

Halloween was a bit of a blur. We got home and I fed Keegan his solids for dinner. Then I changed Keegan into some jammies and Lyle and I got his Tigger costume on (yes it took two people to get it on him). Keegan suffered the costume just fine although it took a bit of effort to get him buckled into his carseat with that big fake Tigger belly. Then we dropped Ruby off at my parents house so that she wouldn't be alone when all the trick-or-treaters came to call. We went from there over to Lyle's parents house.

Keegan showed off at his Gma and Gpa Eckert's. We ended up taking his costume off so that Rick and Liz could see how good he crawled. Keegan stood up for them and even took a step before falling back down. We spent a little over an hour there goofing around. Then it was time to suit back up into the Tigger costume and go over to my parents house.

My dad made gluten-free pizza for dinner. This was really yummy and I was absolutely starving. We all exchanged Halloween presents. Halloween is a really big deal in my family so there is always some gift giving going on :-)

Keegan was adorable but it was after 6pm by this point and he was getting tired. We got some video of him loping around in his Tigger costume and then tried to put him down for a nap. He wasn't having any of that. So shortly after 7:30 we left and went home. Keegan's bedtime is 7pm so he was pretty cranky by this point. We had taken off the Tigger costume when we put him down for a nap.

When we got home we realized that our neighbors Tom and Joan were home now. I had promised them earlier in the year that Keegan would stop by to show off his costume. So, looking at my sleepy and cranky baby, I sighed and put him back in the Tigger costume. This time Keegan wasn't so tolerant, he got upset and started crying, but he was only unhappy for a moment. We went over to Tom and Joan's and Keegan picked a pnut butter cup out of the candy jar. Then mommy took the pnut butter cup away from him; this kind of pissed him off. I told him it was a good choice in candy though, and that mommy would eat it later for him :-)

Then it was to bed time for Keegan. While Lyle read Keegan to sleep; I passed out candy to trick-or-treaters. Year before last we only had 5 trick-or-treaters come the whole night. This time it was really busy. I think we had 20 trick-or-treaters just between 7:45 and 8:30pm. We had left out candy for kids to take and when I went to retrieve the cauldron of candy (once we got home) it was almost empty. So either we had a lot of trick or treaters before we got back home or a couple kids took a lot of candy...

By 8:30pm, Lyle and I were exhausted. It had been a long and busy day. We were in bed by 9pm. Everyone slept very well through the night. In fact I had to really work to get Keegan to wake up at 6:30am so that I could drop him off at his gma's for the day.

I am very excited that we have a kid now so that someone other than me (in the house) is super excited about Halloween. We have our big Halloween party this Saturday. I am excited about that since quite a few people are going to be coming. Although, I am always amazed at how much work it is to get everything decorated, all the groceries bought, all the creepy foods made, and get the house cleaned up. Unfortunately for us this week is the off week for the cleaners. So, I took yesterday afternoon off to get all of the grocery shopping done and clean up the basement. It was weird to vacuum again; I haven't done that for a while :-)

I just had to take yesterday afternoon off. I was feeling kind of overwhelmed with everything that needed to get done at home. There's the party, and then there are normal things like trimming the bushes before it snows, getting the wash started, and making some lasagna to freeze. Not to mention it's that time of year again and we need to start doing some Christmas shopping. I did remember to schedule a portrait sitting for the family though. Hopefully we can do photocards for Christmas this year; that is if the pictures turn out okay.

Even better Lyle is finally getting paid for his latest contracting gig. Just in time for Christmas! That's the best Christmas present ever ;-) Anyway, time to go back to work. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: