Monday, November 05, 2007

Let it Snow!

So latest weather report from Oakdale, MN...it was just snowing here. I looked outside and it looked like sand was blowing through the air. Upon closer inspection I realized it was snowing. The quick bout of flurries last only a minute or two but it was exciting just the same. I know, I know, a lot of people hate snow but I think we should all enjoy it and not get bogged down in snow-negativity. Let's all try to forget about what snow does to the roads and to our driveways and think happy snow thoughts. Soon we will be able to go ice skating, build snowmen, throw snowballs, put up Christmas lights, and rejoice as we enter the holiday season. Yep, the holiday season is on its way. Time to start your Christmas shopping.

Speaking of Christmas shopping, this Saturday Lyle, Keegan, Ruby, and I had to go to PetCo to pick up dog and cat food. I thought that since we were at PetCo we might as well get the pets and my parents' pets their Xmas presents. When we got home from PetCo I safely stored the pets Xmas presents in the hall closet before the Halloween party.

Fast-forward to Sunday night. Lyle, Keegan, and I went to eat dinner at Perkins and upon our arrival home I noticed Ruby was chewing a bone. It was a new bone and looked suspiciously like the bone we had bought her for Christmas. After closer inspection I realized that she had removed the tag and left that further forward in the sunroom; the tag was stuck to a cat toy that she had also dragged out of the bag. As the night went on I found a dog toy meant for my parents' dog in our bed and another dog toy meant for Ruby (for Xmas) in the bathroom. I have a weird suspicion that Ruby had some help; as we also found cat toys in suspicious places. I can't wait until the cats, Ruby, and Keegan all gang up together to drive me crazy.

Okay rewind now to Saturday night and a different topic; the Halloween party. The party went very well. Thanks to Julie who brought some yummy pnut brittle and Cate and Chris who brought some yummy almond bark. Both of these were very good! Lyle and I enjoyed all the costumes people came in. It was also great fun watching all of the babies play together. You can see pictures of the party online here. We were so happy that everyone could make it. That party is always a ton of work to get together but I think everyone enjoys it; so all is good.

We spent most of Sunday taking down all the Halloween decorations. The house looks so much cleaner without them; guess it must be the absence of all those spider webs. In another month or so we can put up all the Christmas decorations. I still haven't figured out what we're going to do with the tree. It's hard enough to keep the cats out of the tree; Jubei has climbed it a couple times and knocked it over. I can't imagine how we are going to keep Keegan out of it. I guess we'll put all the non-choking hazard ornaments near the bottom this year. I have this nightmare of a cat climbing the tree and knocking it on Keegan; or of Keegan climbing the tree and knocking it onto the cats....guess it could happen either way.

It's an exciting week coming up; Keegan has his 9 month well child visit on Wednesday and then we have Family Christmas Pictures this Sunday. Oh, boy the fun never stops :-)

No comments: