Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another day another ........

So yesterday was an exciting day! Well ok, not really exciting, it just was what every day seems to be lately, get up, get Keegan to day care, work, come home, play, go to bed! However it was the 1st birthday yesterday of one of our friends child. So we had to hustle last night to get everything done, and get to a party. Sadly when I got to daycare to pick up Keegan, he hadn't been down for a nap since 11 in the morning, which meant that he was really tired by 4pm. So in the 5 minute car drive home Keegan was asleep. Well you can imagine how happy he was when I woke him up to bring him into the house. Since the party started at 5, there was no way that we were going to make it for the beginning. So I put Keegan in his crib so he could catch up on his Z's a little.

At about 5:30, Keegan is still asleep, Karissa and I have eaten, and we really need to get moving soon since the party ends at 7, and Keegan should really be back by then to go to bed himself. So we wake up Keegan.... again, which he doesn't really appreciate, but that is the way it goes. We fill him up on solids and get out the door just before 6. It takes about 5 mins to walk over to the other house, and when we get there, we find that none of the other friends have shown up, it is all family... except us... Well there were other kids so at least Keegan felt like he had gone back to daycare, and he just had a blast playing with all the mini dogs that were there. At one point he is just looking at one and laughing his little head off.... man I wish I had brought the video camera. Anyway we stayed for 40 mins or so, and Keegan played with the other kids and dogs. Though it was a little strange Keegan seemed like the only one of the 3 really little kids that was even close to walking. The 1 year old isn't quite there yet, and there was an 11 month old that wasn't even pulling herself up on things, which kind of surprised me. Keegan got a hold of one of the walkers and was just zooming around the room like a madman. So I feel a little better about how at least his walking skills are developing.

So the only other interesting thing that I wanted to mention. I pulled down a package for Linux for creating DVD's on my laptop last night, and was able to create a DVD with all of the videos that I posed on picasaweb a little while back. I have to try again tonight with adding a title menu etc, since navigating without a menu was a little weird. Karissa and I watch some of the video's on the DVD last night just to see how it worked on our own machine. Of course it worked great, and the videos were in widescreen this time, which is the way they were taken. If you want a copy let Karissa or I know, and I will see what I can do about getting you one. This of course was all kicked off by my parents wanting a copy of the videos on DVD, because they are not very computer savvy, which is ok, though it can be kind of weird at times :), and cause me more work...

No comments: