Friday, July 27, 2007

Relaxing night out??

So, last night mom and dad were kind enough to watch Keegan for the night so Lyle and I could go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Lyle and I were super excited to have a night out. I tried to talk Lyle into seeing the movie over in Maple Grove so that we could eat at Biaggi's afterwards. I love that restaurant and haven't been there in nearly a year!

In the interest of time we ended up going to the Wyndsong Theater in Mounds View instead. It's closer. We found out the movie was playing on their big screen at 3:30pm so we rushed over there with intentions of having a nice dinner out afterwards. I had left work at 2:30pm and arrived home at 3:10pm so we barely made it.

On the way over there we both realized that we needed cat food and we needed food for camping. Not only that but we hadn't packed anything for camping yet (we are leaving this afternoon when I get home from work). Oh yeah and I got a note from my teacher that I had submitted my assignment wrong so I needed to redo that.

Anyway, so we got to the movie theater ran in to watch the movie. I was really hungry so I got a bag of Twizzlers; reading the package I found there were 6 servings in the bag at 100 calories each. After 30 minutes of previews (the Stardust preview looked really neat and so did the Bourne Ultimatum) the movie finally started. The movie was okay; wasn't nearly as good as the book of course. Some of the casting decisions they made were weird. Like Luna Lovegood was way geekier and not as cute in the book. Also Professor Umbrige is described as looking like a toad in the book and she was really cute in the movie. As we are leaving the movie I realize that there are two twizzlers left in the package; no wonder I started feeling nauseous.

Anyway, we get out of the movie around 6:30pm. Decide to forgo a nice dinner so that we have time to get cat food and go to Target to get camping food. We get Wendy's instead, breezing through the drive thru and eating on the way to PetCo.

Finally get over to pick Keegan up from my parents around 7:30pm. Keegan is kind of crabby because it's past his bedtime. We get him home and to bed. Then the frantic packing begins; we need a lot more stuff since Keegan has arrived. Then time to get his stuff ready for daycare. Around 9pm I sit down to re-submitt my homework wondering what has happened to our nice relaxing night without Keegan.

I finally collapsed into bed around 9:30pm; read for 1/2 an hour and then turn out the lights. I wake up at 5am this morning still worn out and tired and wondering if we are ever going to have a couple days where we are not scrambling to get stuff done. School is getting really old as is the fact that we just have a little bit to finish down in the basement but can never seem to get the time to get down there and finish it. I am tired.

No comments: