Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Icky Sicky and a Typical Day

Okay, so Keegan finally got over his cold last week. This is a good thing because we finally have our happy baby back. Unfortunately I still have the cold (going on 2 weeks now), my dad had the cold which turned into a sinus infection and my mom got the cold which turned into pneumonia. Lyle is all clear for now :-) We are all hoping to be healthy and well before Keegan can bring something else home from daycare.

All that being said I thought I would give a quick synopsis of a typical day at our house right now.

5:00 am (If Keegan wakes up at 5am I feed him while Lyle gets ready)
5:30 am - Lyle and I get up for work assuming Keegan hasn't woken us up earlier. We both get ready and Lyle goes and feeds the cats and dog while I finish getting ready. Then I come out and change Keegan and pass him off to Lyle to feed. If Keegan wakes up right at 5:30am then Lyle feeds him while I take care of the cats and the dog.
6:00 am - I leave for work, Lyle starts working from home.
6:30 am - I get to work
7:00 am - Lyle drops Keegan off at daycare and then goes back home to work a couple more hours
8:30-9am - Lyle leaves for work
3:00 pm - I leave work; usually Lyle leaves work about the same time
3:30 pm - I pick Keegan up from daycare
4:00 pm - Keegan goes down for a 1 hr nap; Lyle and I quickly make and eat dinner
5:00 pm - Keegan wakes up. We do Keegan stuff for the next two hours. We go on a walk, play with toys, read some books. Keegan gets fed his second set of solids and sometimes gets a bath.
7:00 pm - Keegan gets ready for bed. Either Lyle or I read to him while the other person gets Keegan's stuff ready for daycare and feeds the animals.
7:30 pm - If all has gone well Keegan is asleep, the bottles are washed, the bottles have been refilled, an outfit is out for Keegan to wear tomorrow and all of Keegan's needed daycare supplies are set next to his car seat.
8:00 pm - Lately Lyle and I have been going down and working on the basement until 10pm or so. Last night was different. I worked on homework for an hour or so while Lyle read in the bedroom.
9:30 pm - Ruby goes outside and goes to bed. Lyle and I get into bed and read until around 10pm
10:00pm - Usually lights out. Hopefully Keegan doesn't wake us up too much in the night!

Anyway, that's a typical day. There are variations thrown in of course. On Tues. we go bowling from 6:30 - 9pm and on Thursday I have class from 6-7pm. Just thought I would record it for prosperities sake.

No comments: