Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring has Sprung!

I think we can all finally agree that spring is finally here in Minnesota. I don't know about everyone else but I am hoping we don't get any more snow until October/November.

While we were out walking yesterday night I was thinking about how special and exciting spring is for those who live in colder climates. I don't think I would be nearly as happy with spring arriving if I hadn't struggled through 6 months of winter before hand. I mean, wow, the first time it goes above 50 degrees I think that the whole state of MN is in a great mood!

While we were walking last night, enjoying the spring breeze, the sun, and the fact that the lake is almost ice-free I was watching Keegan. Keegan finds every bird, piece of grass, tree, leaf and bush fascinating. Thinking about it I realized that Keegan probably doesn't remember last spring or even last summer. So all of this is new to him. It was a lot of fun to watch him enjoy walking on the springy grass and touching the bushes and pine trees. He thinks the lake is really cool but a little intimidating. Oh, and he really loves collecting rocks and sharing them with Lyle and me. It made me look forward to this summer even more. It will be like everything is brand new to him, and this time, he can really appreciate it! Last summer he couldn't do much.

Speaking of which we have our first camping trip of the year planned for the first weekend in May. I have a feeling taking Keegan camping is going to be lots of fun this year. He absolutely loves being outside and there will be *so* much for him to see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.