Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dancing in the Shower

Keegan has another funny thing that he has been doing. He likes to go into the shower and stomp around. It makes a soft thump noise because, well, he's in the shower. Yesterday when I brought him home from daycare he ran right into the bathroom and went into the shower and starting stomping in circles in the shower and said "da, da, da, da" and laughing at himself. It's a good thing babies are naturally a bit strange because if I came home and found Lyle doing that I would be pretty worried about his sanity.

Oh and when I picked Keegan up from daycare his teacher had a story for me. Apparently it was only him and one other kid early in the morning. She was changing the diaper of the other kid and, when she looked up, Keegan was standing on top of the shelves with the toys on them. Granted the shelf is only a couple feet high, but she said it scared her and she wanted to let me know that he could do that. I laughed and told her about him climbing on top of the coffee table.

As for our first Friday at home together, we had a lot of fun. It was absolutely beautiful outside, 60 degrees and sunny. We got up and had breakfast, went grocery shopping, and did the wash. Keegan was very helpful; he helped me sort out the cloths and helped go grocery shopping by putting the kiwis and apples into the bag I held out for him. Then we went on the deck and brushed the kitties. Keegan helped brush them for a bit and then him and Seras (three-legs) ran around the deck chasing wisps of cat hair. Then we had to go out in the backyard and play with Ruby. I threw Ruby's toy for her and Keegan laughed and laughed as Ruby jumped around chasing it. Since Keegan's slide is outside now, we had to do a couple slides down that before going in too.

Then it was time for lunch and then a walk. We walked to the park and Keegan loved playing on the toddler climbing structure. He had a run in with a two year old there who tried to kick him off of the play structure. The little kid would run up and say "No baby here!" and block Keegan's way. Keegan could have cared less but the kid's mother was embarrassed and she took him to a different area of the playground. After that Keegan signed "all done" and then ran over to the swing set and signed "more". So I put him up in the swing and we did that for a while. Poor Ruby got dragged around behind me the whole time. She didn't mind too much though because she was the star of the playground and everyone wanted to pet her. Then we were "all done" with the swing and I put him back in the stroller.

We didn't get to walk very far though because both Keegan and Ruby were really tired. So we went home. I asked Keegan if he wanted to make some brownies; he went and laid down on the living room floor and laid his head on Jubei. I guess he was tired. So he went down for a nap and I made brownies, finished the wash, and played some video games. I guess I wore the little guy out! Good to know I can at least keep up with him all day.

It was a busy day but it was lots of fun! I hope that we have fun this Friday too!

Well there's your update. Back to work.

No comments: