Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Okay I'm back...

Okay I am back to write a longer entry. I am waiting for some solutions to mix in so it's the perfect time for a break!

Yep, we have "Preparation for breastfeeding" tonight. For 2.5 hrs we get to learn about how to prepare to breastfeed the little boy. I am really not sure what to expect. My "labor companion" is strongly encouraged to attend. It should be good to have Lyle there so that he can remind me what we learned later; and if I need help with something later he can't claim ignorance :-)
Keegan's been moving a lot the last couple weeks. Every now and then he delivers a really good kick; that kind of startles me. I don't think Lyle is used to me yelling at my stomach to "stop it" and "calm down" yet. He (Keegan not Lyle) only moves when I am still. So I run around all day at work and he's very quiet; then when I sit down to eat lunch or drive home it's party time!

I am wondering if people will begin to doubt my sanity as I begin to converse with my stomach
more and more. Supposidely this is supposed to be as good a time as any to start bonding with my abdominal dweller.

So far so good with the pregnancy (knock on wood). I was having a lot of trouble with my hips hurting last week. Then on Sunday my right hip popped out of joint and then went back in (which hurt). Since then though both hips have been pain free, go figure...I am not even going to try and figure out how that helped. It still hasn't helped my speed of movement a whole lot. One of my friends from BSci and I wanted to graph a pregnant woman's speed of movement over time (she was about 7 months pregnant at the time). We are convinced that speed of movement decreases exponentially as the duration of the pregnancy lengthens. Maybe Lyle can help with this; I know when we go and walk Ruby every night he has to substantially decrease his pace. Ruby's good about it though; if Lyle gets too far ahead she stops and looks back at me and refuses to move until I catch up. Good of her to be so concerned ;-)

Not a whole lot else to say. As Lyle said I've been busy with work and school. So, I will try to come on and blog when I get the chance. I am still trying to convince Lyle that we should spell baby's name like Keegan, not Keagan. Keegan looks so much nicer!

No comments: