Wednesday, July 02, 2008

He said what!?

We went camping this last weekend with Tony and Julie and it was a lot of fun. Well, it was fun except for the mosquitoes. I thought that I was going to be carried off. I am not kidding. I stepped out of the car and had around 50 mosquitoes land on my body. It was horrible.

When we got Keegan out of the car I was worried that he might get carried away. All I can say is thank goodness for puddles. While Lyle and I tried to get the camper set up super fast, Keegan happily jumped in puddles. Oh, did I mention it was raining while we were setting up the tent trailer?

It was also the first time we used our awning and screen porch and those things were super nice to have. I don't know what we would have done without them!

All that is well and good but it's not the real reason I am taking time out to write this blog entry. The reason I am writing it is to talk about Keegan's talking.

Man can this kid babble! He talks so rapidly and so non-stop that I haven't got a clue as to what he is saying. He takes himself very seriously when he is talking too. He will sit there and be like "adba gaba fofoo re baloo" and then stare at me. Sometimes he will wait for a reply but most of the time he just starts in with another line of gobbilty goop. Every once in a while he takes a breath and then says loudly "ball" or "kitkak" (kitty cat), or "car" or something else that actually makes sense. I suppose to him we probably sound like we are babbling all the time and he is just trying to imitate us.

It's been funny to listen to him though. Especially while we are in the car! The boy can chatter non-stop for a good 20 minutes or so. Lyle and I just listen, try to get a word in edge-wise, usually end of resorting to saying "oh, really", and laugh it off!

No comments: