Friday, August 03, 2007

Oh Happy Day

So on Wednesday afternoon I was driving home from work. It had been "one of those days". Keegan didn't sleep much the night before, because of his cold. I was tired. I was doing my first set of experiments (coatings) at work for the week. I prepped for this experiment on Tuesday then was informed by my tech lead that we were having a two hour meeting to plan a coating run at the plant on Wednesday morning. So much for getting my experiment done early Wednesday.

I decided that if I got in at 6am I could most likely get the coating part of the experiment done by the 9am meeting and still get all of the experimental samples tested in the afternoon. Then I realized that oh crap I left my mp3 player at home; so I will be working in the lab in dead silence. Oh, joy. The meeting was pretty much a drag. It started with 22 coatings on the list which we needed to par down to 18 coatings in order to get the experiment at the plant done within 24 hrs. We left the meeting 2 hours later with 26 coatings on the list...very productive. There were a number of disagreements of which I enthusiastically took part in. Oh and management wanted the run to be on August 21st; which means that if the plant needs formulations a month before coating to get in raw materials in time then they needed the formulations last week. So now we are scrambling and I find out I'll be out at the plant probably a week in August and a week in October.

Oh, and did I mention I am trying to get my final project done for school? Oh yeah and the trim *still* isn't up in the basement. Keegan doesn't have any clean bibs, Ruby needs her nails cut, and the house needs to be cleaned up, etc. etc.

Oh my drive home the 694/35E split once again proved to be the bane of my existence; making me once again late to pick up Keegan. Getting off of 35W I inevitably got stuck behind a huge truck hauling dirt that kept shower rocks at my windshield. Anyway, you get the picture. It was a day of no major catastrophes but lots of stupid things that seemed to be piling up and weighing me down. So on the way home; stuck in traffic I decided to think about all the things in my life that I am happy about. I thought maybe I would blog about them in case I am ever having a bad day again and I can come and read it.

So here we go! I have a loving husband who has a great sense of humor and helps with tons of stuff around the house. My husband has a great well paying flexible job that he loves. I have a wonderful well paying job that is flexible where people treat me with respect and value my opinion. We have a great house on a beautiful lake that is laid out exactly like we want. We have three hilarious cats and a wonderful dog. They are generally well behaved and bring a lot of fun to the house. They are also healthy; which has often not been the case in the past.

We have a wonderful little boy. Keegan is healthy, happy, and curious about everything. Keegan seems to actually like me and Lyle :-) We have great family including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Our parents are wonderful people who always go out of their way to help us and will always be there to support us both emotionally and financially. Our parents all love Keegan to bits! We have the most wonderful friends. Our friends are fun to spend time with, caring, and very supportive. Speaking of people; the people we work with are nice, respecting, intelligent people that are fun to spend 1/3 of your life with. And in general everyone I know is in good health right now; except for continuous daycare colds.

We are able to put money away both for retirement and for Keegan. It makes me feel good that we are already on the route to helping Keegan pay for college. We can afford to do fun stuff and don't have to worry every second about money (an improvement over 3 years ago). Our cars are working and in generally good condition(I hope I don't jinx the Mazda by saying this). Keegan has great daycare providers (both in my mom) and at Tutor Time. The Tutor Time teachers really seem to enjoy having him there. I have a great doctor (both OB and internist), that keeps me feeling great; Keegan has a great doctor that keeps him healthy. We have great cleaners that come to help keep the house clean and they play with Jubei with the laser pointer and he loves that. We have a great financial adviser and lawyer that we trust. Oh and I did I mention we have a Wii and a PS3 that I will have time to play again some time in the future. I am almost done with school and the basement is almost done. We are able to spend a couple hours each night focusing on and playing with Keegan and Keegan seems to love that.

Anyway, the list gets a bit particular and strange toward the end but those are all the things I was thinking of on the way home. So I guess I am most grateful for our family, friends, and jobs. Personally I don't know what I would do without Lyle, Seras, Loki, Jubei, Ruby, Keegan, and my mom and dad. This family is the core of my life and makes my world a happy place to be!

So next time I am complaining to someone about what a rough day I had; make sure to tell me I really don't have it that bad. People have it much worse. The only thing I always worry about the precariousness of the people and things in our lives. Hopefully everything stays like it is now for quit a while.

No comments: