Thursday, August 16, 2007

Keegan did it!

Just a quick blog about something neat Keegan did! Last night while Keegan was supposed to be going to sleep (I was reading to him). He propped himself up on his knees and then with his little arms quivering in effort got up on his hands. There he was on his hands and knees and he started rocking back and forth. I got all excited and was like "wow, keegan you are awesome" and he looked over and gave me this big grin. Lyle ran over to see and I ran to get the camera. Of course by the time I found the camera, turned it on, turned the flash on, focused on Keegan and then started to take the picture Keegan fell over.

Not sure why I thought this was so exciting. I guess Keegan gets so frustrated that he can't get around by himself that I see this as a huge step in him getting some mobility and independence. I was just *so* proud of him. I had to call my mom and tell her.

My mom working with him on the roller/crawler thingy and Keegan's frustration with the older babies at daycare crawling circles around him is finally paying off :-) I am sure that, while we are all exciting for Keegan to start crawling, we will regret it when we have to chase him around constantly!

1 comment:

Pickles said...

That's great! You know that this just means he will be running circles around you and Lyle soon, right?

It is very exciting when they start the rocking thing! What a great milestone!