Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A little over 36 weeks...

Not that I am counting or anything :-) We finished getting the last few items unpacked in the baby room. So now the diaper genie is out, the CD player is plugged in, and the wipe warmer is set up to go. I did another large load of baby laundrey. There's really no reason to do this now except that I am trying to decide what Keegan will wear in his first baby picture :-)

Last week was a bit exciting. I was leaking fluid and the doctor's office told me I needed to come in right away to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid. So I ended up rushing to the doctor's office on Thurs. Ends up I am just leaking and a bit incontinent from the weight of Keegan on my bladder. This is a bit embarrassing but they were relieved that that's all is was. The same day my breasts started leaking colostrum (pre-milk). So it was quit a day. The nurse says I should be thrilled that my breasts are all ready to breast feed when the baby arrives. I think she's crazy. So additional fun stuff I found out at the doctor's is that I have *not* dilated but am starting to efface a little bit. Which the nurse practitioner said is "great".

Besides all of that excitement things are slowly crawling along. I have been having trouble sleeping so have been rotating between the recliner couch in the bedroom and the bed. I think it wakes Lyle up every time I switch places; but haven't heard any complaints yet. He is a smart man :-)

I suppose I could put in a note about Christmas. Christmas went well; it was busy as usual. Mom and dad got Keegan a whole bunch of presents. I can't believe the kid is already getting spoiled and he is not even out of the womb yet! Only bad part about Christmas was all the goodies to eat. My next doctor's appt after Christmas the doctor mentioned that she wasn't surprised my swelling was worse because I had put on a lot of water weight. I though hmmm....water weight...it's either that or cookie and fudge weight. I am hoping that she is right though because water weight will be easy to drop after I am done being pregnant.

Anyway, my 36 week appt is today. We will see how that goes. Gotta' get back to work.

No comments: