Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ramping up for yet more fun...

This weekend Lyle and I will be in NYC.  We've never been there and hope to see a lot of great sites Sat to Monday.  Then on Tuesday we will be attending BEA (Book Expo of America): I'll be covering that adventure on my book blog.

The general craziness has continued.  I was at the plant in Oregon again last week.  Then got back and we picked up our boat and finally got that in the lake.  So could we calm things down for a bit?  Of course not.

We fly out to NYC this week and then get back for a couple days.  After that it is up north to go camping over Memorial Day weekend.  Then back home for a few days and then I will be out at the plant again for a week.

I swear I feel like I am at home less than 50% of the month some times.  It is fun but exhausting...okay well the work trips aren't exactly fun...but I am a Platinum member of Choice Hotels now and I get free airline tickets a lot so that is nice.

We still haven't gotten the canoe out this year.  We have done lots of bike rides with Keegan on his tag-along bike.  I will have to post some pics of that at some point.

Keegan is done with hockey for now and still has a couple sessions of swimming left.  Then in June he starts soccer.  After soccer he has informed me he wants to do karate with mommy.  So the boy's got plans.

Everyone in the family has been doing well.  It looks like Lyle's contract is going to be renewed at Medtronic so that is nice.  There have been some sniffles and sneezing from occasional allergies but other than that we have been surprisingly healthy.  (I suddenly feel a need to knock on wood)

Hope that you all are doing well.  I still have yet to post pics from our first camping trip...hope to get around to that in a couple weeks.

No comments: