Saturday, March 13, 2010

England Trip: Day 8

We didn't do much today. We walked around Shoreditch. Apparently nothing there opens until 1pm so at 11am it was pretty dead. Came back and took a nap; woke up and walked around the Chapel Street Market then picked up dinner at a bakery.

Now we are back and doing things like packing. Hanging out, watching movies.

I was in a bit in a panic when I saw mother's day was tomorrow. I was like geez I thought it was in May!

Well I guess in the UK mother's day is March 14th. Glad my parents don't live in the UK or it would suck to be my dad since that is his birthday :-) Anyway, I tried to convince Lyle that we should celebrate mother's day for me here and back in the US...he wasn't having any of it. He did mention the excess of clothing I have bought here and how maybe that might count as a present ;-) He is right.

Anyway, back home tomorrow. We are ready to come home. We miss Keegan, the animals, and weirdly enough our bed. Having a Temperpedic mattress is cool until you have to sleep other places. I think Keegan is starting to wear my parents out too.

Speaking of which Keegan had his first set of ice skating lessons on Thursday night. I guess he was way younger than the other kids. But he was also a way better skater. According to Gma and Gpa he skated so well that they wouldn't let him use the stand to lean on that the other kids used. We have taken him out a couple times this year to skate and noticed that he has way better balance this year than last year.

Anyway, I guess the instructor talked about possibly moving him up to the next level depending on how he does the next couple weeks. There were also a lot of 10-12 year old girls helping with the lessons. Keegan was hamming it up and had quite the following of girls helping him out. We are a bit worried about him; he always knows how to get the ladies attention and we are worried about what that means for his teenage years ;-)

I am glad he did so well. We were a bit worried he would get upset and refuse to skate. Instead the opposite happened. My parents had a great time and got to be the proud grandparents of the toddler who skated awesome. Lyle and I were happy everything went so well. We were also relieved that he likes the skating lessons. Originally Lyle asked Keegan if he wanted to start lessons and Keegan said No! Then a week later Keegan was asking us when he was going to start lessons because he really wanted to learn....so we were hoping he would stick with it if we spent the money to sign him up.

The only bad thing about the whole situation is that as time goes on I think there is a greater and greater chance that I am destined to be a hockey mom...not a horrible thing but a potentially expensive (and time-consuming) sport to have a kid in :-)

No comments: