Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Curse of "blue blankie"

So I had some other work/non-work related thing down in Bloomington the other day (which is on the opposite side of the cities from our house) at 5:30 or so. So the normal start for the day was interrupted by the fact that Karissa and I would have to drive separate so I could go from work strait to the meeting. I got Keegan ready to go for the day, but he was a little crabby and wanted to take his favorite blanket with him. We have been letting him take the blanket to daycare sometimes, but most of the time he is fine with leaving it at home. Anyway I dropped him off and all went well.

That night while I was at my meeting I get a IM from Karissa asking where "blue blankie" is because Keegan is upset that it isn't around in his bed. I thought he had taken it to daycare, so I told her so. I then thought that it actually might be in the car... well it was, so I IM'ed her back saying so and found out that Keegan had gotten a replacement blanket from Karissa. Karissa told Keegan that this blue blanket was blue blankie's mother. Keegan went on for the next 15 minutes telling the new blue blanket that he has a mom too, then told the blanket that he liked blue blankie better. Keegan degraded after that and I ended up having to leave early from my meeting so that he could have his blankie. Well I get home and got about the dirtiest look I have ever gotten from Keegan, and then he laid down and went to sleep... probably exhausted from being upset for an hour when he should have been sleeping.

Keegan also started swimming classes again on Monday, which he seemed to have a really good time at. Overall he listens pretty well, and knows how to do basically everything in class right now. There is one other kid in his class, but that kid is 5 or 6 months younger than Keegan is.

2 comments:

babybuff said...

My mom had to cut my blankie into two so she could wash one and I can have the other. I still have them to this day....

Karissa E said...

I am just happy that Blue Blankie is very durable. Keegan let's us wash it, we just tell him Blue Blankie needs a bath and he is okay with it :-)