Friday, May 29, 2009

More imagination than we can handle

So Karissa mentioned that Keegan's conferences were a couple days back, it was nice to hear that things seem to be going well at day care. They also mentioned that Keegan likes to make imaginary food and eat it, and playing like that. That is pretty cool, can go right along with Hank the imaginary owl from early April!

Something funny about that though, making food is pretty tame for Keegan's imagination now. A couple of weeks back, Keegan and I were playing, and he said that he wanted a ball but there wasn't one around, so I acted like I picked up a ball and asked him if he was ready to catch one. He put out his arms and I threw him an imaginary ball. Well Keegan thought this was great fun, so we threw the imaginary ball back and forth for a while, then started throwing it to Karissa too. We had a good time with it.

Sadly I think we started something more complicated. Keegan now thinks that he can throw his imaginary ball at anyone, and they will know what is going on, so when we went camping a couple of days later Keegan threw a "ball" to bampa, and bampa was like huh? So we explained it, and then the next half hour or so was imaginary throw and catch. For the rest of the trip, Keegan would just decide it was time to play with the imaginary ball again, and would get someone to play with him.

Anyway the imaginary ball is quite the hit, and we have even played imaginary baseball when we met my parents for dinner for my birthday. My step mom even said "An imaginary ball is way better, it never goes out into the road!" That is very true, and I never thought of it that way, but it is good to know.

Also Keegan has decided that taking people's noses is also a fun game. Sometimes he takes your nose and then gives it back, but other times he eats it, and even other times he will throw it away. The funnyist one that I remember was when Keegan took Karissa's nose while camping and threw it in a flowerbed and said "Now you can smell the flowers mom".

All funny stuff!

2 comments:

babybuff said...

I am so going to buy my kid all the imaginary balls/toys it wants! I can't wait.

Karissa E said...

It is awesome when we go to the park and forget the basketball; Keegan just starts to play with his pretend basketball. He can also make baskets with the pretend basketball...he can never quite throw the real basketball high enough :-)