Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I sit on my own butt

Last night it was reading time; we always read a couple books before bed. Usually Keegan sits on either my lap or Lyle's lap. So I picked up Goodnight Moon and sat Keegan on my lap. Keegan got all upset and yelled "Mommy, I sit on my own butt!" He wanted to sit on the couch and not on our laps; but what a way to phrase it, we thought it was pretty funny :-)

Last week we were at the park. For quite some time Keegan would always count "1,2,3...go" when he was at the top of the slide. Well for the last couple months he has been counting "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...go!" at the top of the slide. As you can imagine this sometimes creates a line at the top of the slide. But, he counts pretty fast so usually it's no big deal. The situation took a turn for the worse last week when we found out that Keegan could count to twenty. He ran up to the top of the biiiiggg slide and sat down and counted "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20....go!" Okay now this did result in me, Lyle, and a couple of kids standing there, waiting for Keegan to finish his countdown. We are proud of him being able to count to 20; we are hoping we don't have to count to 20 every time we go down the slide though. What will he come up with next?

No comments: