Monday, June 14, 2010

Keegan's First Dentist Appt

Well we didn't take any pictures (as one of my coworkers suggested I should) but Keegan did have his first dentist appt last Thursday. It went really well.

I went first and Keegan got to watch them do my teeth. He got a little antsy but did pretty good. Then it was his turn. He was a bit nervous, but he let the hygienist count his teeth, floss his teeth and start to polish his teeth. Then he started crying and said "I don't like mint!" So the hygienist got some cherry toothpaste and put a note in his chart "Doesn't like mint toothpaste." After that everything was good.

Then the Dentist came in. Lyle told Keegan to say "Hi Dr. Kennedy" before she came in and sure enough Keegan remembered and as the Dentist came in Keegan was all like: "Hello Dr. Kennedy!" Which cracked her up.

He really did very well and they let him pick a toy and he even got a goody bag. I was a little jealous. He stopped the hygienist and told her that "My mommy was a good girl too, so she should get a prize." I told Keegan it was okay, my prize was having nice clean teeth. Lyle rolled his eyes and Keegan looked perplexed. Then I showed him my floss and toothbrush and was all like "See this is my prize." He still wasn't sure about the whole thing.

Today he said that going to the dentist was "Not all that fun, but not horrible." I guess that it as good as we get...I suppose it would be too much for him to tell me that it was fun...

2 comments:

Sistertex said...

I didn't realize it was his *first* dental appointment! Very good! I should have paid more attention!

Karissa E said...

Yep, that is why we were making such a big deal about it. He was so good, I wanted him to know how proud I was of him. We're doing our best to make going to the dentist a good experience for him...