Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Imagination begins...

Keegan is getting really big into imagining things. He likes to imagine things scare him, or imagine he is a doctor, or imagine that he is pretend eating.

This weekend he came walking out with his safety goggles on (from his Black and Decker workbench) and a stethoscope (from his vet hospital kit). I am not sure what the goggles had to do with the stethoscope but I guess if you are a vet things can sure get messy. He walked up to me and "Mama, I listen to kitty's heart." Then he proceeded to chase the cat around yelling at the top of his lungs "Kitty hold still, won't hurt." I don't think he ever did catch the cat.

Then yesterday on the way home from daycare he started making funny munching noises in his carseat. He loudly stated, "Keegan is eating, now mama's turn to eat." So then I made munching noises and he liked that. Then it was daddy's turn to eat. So daddy made munching noises. To which Keegan exclaimed "Silly daddy!"

This morning (at 6:15am) we were getting ready to leave for daycare. Keegan ran and got his hockey stick. "Let's play hockey, dada!" Daddy told him we had to go to daycare. "Bring hockey stick?" Keegan inquired. It's a small hockey stick so I didn't really care one way or another but Lyle said "I think you need to leave that at home." To which Keegan replied, "But I Neeeed it daddy I really neeeeed it." Sometimes it is so hard not to laugh when your kid is disobeying you.

The at dinner tonight I was trying to convince Keegan to eat some black beans. Getting him to eat veggies is nearly impossible so we usually focus on fruits because he loves all fruits. I was trying to cajole him into eating those beans when suddenly he screamed at the top of his lungs and grasped his hands to his heart and exclaimed; "Mama, the beans are scaring me. I can't eat them." I actually lost it this time and snuck into the kitchen so I could laugh...Lyle had to turn away for a few seconds too and giggle. How can you convince your kid to eat his beans when they are so darn scary!!!

So, the Keegan stories continue to get more and more fun and interesting. What a silly boy *he* is.

No comments: