Monday, June 16, 2008

Keegan's First Tattoo

Last Thursday afternoon Keegan's daycare had there Summer Party. From 4:30-6:30pm they had hot dogs, cake, chips, veggies along with an inflatable slide and some other smaller games for the kids to play.

Lyle and I had done our hybrid of driving and biking into work and Keegan was with my mom on Thursday, so we didn't get over to the party until a bit after 5pm. Keegan was running a fever of around 102 and hadn't been feeling well. We stopped by the party anyway, mainly because it meant that I got out of making dinner :-) Keegan mainly just stood around looking sort of spacey. Which was a bit of a bummer since every teacher there knows who he was and came up to say "hi" to him. So, we didn't really do much. I got to meet his morning teacher Kylie and Lyle got to meet his afternoon teacher Amber.

Amber of face-painting. She painted a little basketball on Keegan's hand of him. He promptly sucked on it and wiped most of it off. Then at the next station he got his first ever temporary tattoo. It was a pretty cool tattoo, a circle of little ying-yang symbols on his arm. Little did we know how much it would bug him. He kept holding his arm up to me so that I could look at it. He wanted me to get it off of him and he kept trying to pull it off with his fingers. After a while he just gave up but it was kind of funny.

Keegan continued to not feel really great throughout the night and so Lyle and I were alternating on who got up to rock him back to sleep when he woke up sick and coughing. I was sitting in the glider rocking him to sleep when I noticed his arm was glowing in the dark. Ends up the white yangs on the ying-yang symbol glowed in the dark. I thought this was funny; it probably just freaked Keegan out :-(

So that was his first tattoo; we finally scrubbed it off of his arm last night. Every morning when he woke up he would point to it and say "Dat?" Which his way of saying "what's that?" It was an interesting experience for us all.

No comments: