Monday, April 09, 2007

Keegan is 2 months

Okay, so I never got around to posting about the second day of the hospital experience. I probably never will. I figured I mine as well try and stay recent with things.

I guess to sum up...I struggled with breastfeeding for about 4 weeks and then gave up. Keegan didn't latch on right and neither one of us liked breastfeeding very much; he also was spitting up a ton. So we switched to Similac organic formula and he likes it a lot. Not nearly as much spitting up and neither of us it totally stressed out at feeding times :-) I felt really guilty about giving up on breastfeeding but I think that it's been worth it. I enjoy having him around a lot more and he is much happier.

Keegan has changed a lot in the last 2 months. Since about 5-6 weeks he has been smiling and giggling. He has a lot to say about everything. For the most part he is a very happy baby! If he is crying it is because he is hungry, has a dirty diaper, or is too tired. We are still working on the too tired part because he doesn't like to sleep during the day. We've tried to force the issue by putting him somewhere quiet and dark; but no go. Finally during the last week he has started to fall asleep on his own during the day. This makes him a much happier baby when he is awake. He sleeps very well at night though. Usually he sleeps for 5-6 hours and then wakes up to eat. Then it's back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. I am really glad he has that figured out!

The first few weeks we had Keegan home I think Lyle and I were wondering why in the world did we decide to have a kid. It was tough and we were tired. There also wasn't a whole lot of give from Keegan if you know what I mean; no feedback and minimal interaction. But as time has gone on and we have all learned how to get along it's been a lot of fun having him around. Especially since he learned how to smile. Lyle and I both make fools out of ourselves trying to get him to crack a grin.

Last night we gave him a bath and he decided to christen Lyle....as we were bathing him he peed right out of the tub onto Lyle's jeans. Keegan and I thought it was funny; Lyle had to go and change his pants.

Easter was good. Lots of running around both to Lyle's parent's house and to my parents. It was fun to be at both places. It was the first time a lot of Lyle's family had met Keegan.

We go camping in two weeks; we will have to see how that goes.

In general though I have to say I like having him around. He changes so fast it makes every week a new experience.

No comments: